Tuesday 12 November 2013

12/11/13 up-date

Hiya
The World Aids Day judging team arrived at the College on Friday and all seemed to go well. We all introduced and discussed our finished one by one. Not sure I explained mine as well as I could have. But we'll wait and see what the response is from the visit.It was a really good opportunity for us all to meet them, and for them to see our work.
Also all sketchbooks, statement for assessment, developments etc were left in the class for marking. I'm a bit apprehensive about the feedback from that.Hopefully I'll have covered all aspects needed.
developments & sketchbooks displayed for assessment 
Our Graduation Reports are getting marked this week. (fingers crossed), not that I'm superstitious or anything?? I think we will be given the next Studio Practice tomorrow. I'm devising initial promotional materials and writing my statement of practice for Creative Futures Module. Plus, this week, starting research for the new brief. 
My research on the button and it's use by contemporary artists in continuing. The history and use of buttons is a huge topic ( for something that can be so small ). I'm trying to reduce my research area, but at the same time be aware of the necessary critical analysis, and social issues relevant to the twists and turns of the journey of the button.I'll get there. I'm finding stunning art work on-line, amazing. Can't display anyone else's work on this blog.  But I can mention the name Augusto Esquivel, check him out.
Three of us are heading to the Business Start-up Awareness tonight. This will be really helpful towards future plans and my promotional material decisions. It'll also help garner information with regards to continuing self-employment as a practising artist. 
Bye just now
from a hopeful
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment